Glamour Obsession

Fashion, Beauty, Fragrance, and all things Glamorous!

Saturday, March 2, 2013

OOTD: Crystal Lace Collar Necklace!

Today's Outfit of the Day centers around a crystal collar necklace. I styled it with a deep berry blouse for some contrast, nude pencil skirt, and velvet heels.

 This outfit features some color blocking, which I think is essential for such a bold wine color. I also mixed different textures of the same color (something I love doing) with a satin blouse and velvet heels.
The satin blouse features lace on the shoulders and back of the neckline, dolman sleeves, and cinches in at the waist.
The nude skirt features a panel design, which I think is both flattering and unique compared to your average nude pencil skirt. It's neutral, while it still adds a little oomph to the overall look. 
I am in love with these velvet heels! They cross over at the ankle for a more modern Mary-Jane style. They also have a pointed almond toe and platform
 Now, on to my favorite part of the whole outfit: this shimmering crystal collar necklace! I am loving the collar trend, and was originally intimidated of styling this necklace with less dressy outfits because of the serious amount of "bling" it packs. I find paring it with blouses that have simpler necklines and not too much going on in the front works best. If the lace of this blouse spread to the front as well, I probably wouldn't wear such a statement piece with it.
I would also wear this necklace higher up with blouses that have a lower cut to act as that "make-shift collar" that is on trend right now. For the rest of jewelry, I tried to keep it simple since this is such a statement piece. I wore stud earrings, a circle rhinestone ring, and my rose gold Michael Kors watch.
 Clothing:
Blouse and pencil skirt: Forever 21
Velvet heels: Reflection shoe store (Qupid brand)
Crystal Lace Collar Necklace: Jewelmint
Stud Earrings: Target
Circle Ring: American Eagle Outfitters
Watch: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)

On Eyes:
Urban Decay primer potion
Lorac Pro Palette (Review and Swatches here
Mac Cranberry eyeshadow
Avon black pencil liner in waterlines
NYX Slide On Pencil in Brown Perfection on upper lash line
Clinque Lash Doubling mascara

On Cheeks:
NYC Sunny Bronzer
theBalm Cabana Boy blush
e.l.f. Gotta Glow blush as highlight

On Lips:
Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie

Nails:
Gel French manicure

Fragrance:
Vera Wang Lovestruck
I hope you're all having a lovely evening!

- xx, Eviola

No comments:

Post a Comment

.dsq-comment-body { color: #ffffff !important; }