Glamour Obsession

Fashion, Beauty, Fragrance, and all things Glamorous!

Monday, February 25, 2013

Manicure Monday: Valentine's Day Nails with Flower Beauty's Gorgeous Gerbera!

Today's Nail of the Day is the nail art design I did for Valentine's Day. It features the pastel coral nail polish Gorgeous Gerbera from the new Flower Beauty cosmetics line by Drew Barrymore! I was inspired by a photo for this pink and black design, and love how it came out.

Flower Beauty Gorgeous Gerbera and NYX Black, 2 coats; natural lighting

Flower Beauty Gorgeous Gerbera and NYX Black, 2 coats; natural lighting
I am absolutely loving both this color and nail polish formula! This creme pastel color was opaque after just one coat! (I did two coats just to be thorough but could have easily gotten away with just one!) In addition, this polish lasted about 7 days before I started to notice minor chipping. It would have probably lasted longer, but I decided to switch up my nail color. If you are debating picking up anything from this line, the nail polishes are an absolute hit! I will definitely be getting more.

For the actual design, I painted 2 coats of Gorgeous Gerbera on all my nails except the middle one and half of the thumb. I then used a striper brush to paint a straight line of NYX Black down the center of the thumb and filled in that side with the regular NYX Black brush. I also used the striper brush to paint three sets of lines on the ring finger. I added yellow and heart shaped gems on the middle finger, pinky, and thumb by placing a small glob of top coat on the nail with a toothpick, picking up the gem with the slightly sticky toothpick end and then placing it on the nails. I waited about 20 minutes and then added a generous amount of top coat to each nail to seal in the designs and gems.

These polishes and the rest of Drew Barrymore's Flower Beauty line are available at Walmart and walmart.com. You can learn more about the new brand by visiting flowerbeauty.com.

Did you do any fun nail designs for Valentine's Day or did you just keep it classic?

- xx, Eviola

No comments:

Post a Comment

.dsq-comment-body { color: #ffffff !important; }