Glamour Obsession

Fashion, Beauty, Fragrance, and all things Glamorous!

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

OOTN: 1920's Flapper Halloween Costume! 10/13/12

Today's outfit is a 1920's flapper: Halloween edition! I'm not one for scary movies and getting super spooked on Halloween, but I absolutely love dressing up and getting to be someone or something else for a night or two. I ordered a different costume, but it didn't arrive on time, so I had to put together a last minute costume for a Halloween party I attended earlier this month. I thought this would be a nice thing to share in case any of you are looking for a good last minute costume! 
This costume features the signature flapper fringe dress, red lips and makeup, and pearls!

The costume I purchased came with a red, tiered fringe dress with sequins, which is a must for this 1920's look. It also came with a sequin headband with a red jewel and feather attached. I picked this costume up as a last minute sort of thing, but you could easily make it yourself by using any fringe dress (or adding fringe pieces to a plain dress) and getting crafty by gluing together a feather headband. I added black tights and heels.
I was planning to pin all my hair up in short curls, but ended up only pinning the sections framing my face. To make this a more complete costume, you could  add long gloves and/or a short-haired wig.
The dress is quite simple, but I did enjoy that the straps and top of the dress were made of stretchy red sequins. They caught the light nicely and added some extra sparkle to the costume.
For jewelry, I wore all pearls: a pearl necklace, gathered bracelet, and earring studs!
Since I consider this a simple costume, I decided to go for some bold makeup (it is Halloween after all!) I used mostly NYX and other drugstore products for the look and really like how it came out. I kept the shadows mostly matte for added depth and definition. I worked with quite a bit of red shadow, bringing it all the way out onto my temple and fading it onto my cheeks with a pink blush. I also added glitter to my temples, threw on some false lashes and went for a bold, red lip.
I did a similar red makeup look for Halloween last year and used lash glue to stick on rhinestones instead of glitter, but the glitter was faster, so I opted for that this year.

Costume Details:
Flapper costume (red fringe dress and head piece): Wal-Mart
Black tights: Target
Lace heels, pearl bracelet & earrings: Forever 21
pearl necklace: vintage

On Eyes:
Urban Decay primer potion
NYX eyeshadows: Vanilla Sky (cream) all over lid and in crease
Volcano (brown) in a diagonal shape from outer crease to mid brow
White Pearl under brow bone
Sugarpill eyeshadow in Love + (matte red) blended above the brown shadow and out onto temples
black pencil liner in top and bottom waterlines
e.l.f. liquid liner in black
Maybelline The Falsies Flared mascara
Ardell 120 Demi false lashes applied with Duo Dark Tone lash glue
NYX Candy Glitter Liner in 12 Crystal dotted on temples (can also use rhinestones)

On Cheeks:
Revlon Photoready Bronzer
Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Dollface as blush and to blend out red shadow on temples
MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Semi Precious Pearl as highlight

On Lips:
NYX Long Lip pencil in Cabaret
Rimmel Kate Moss Lipsticks in 11 (dark red) all over and 06 (bright coral pink) in center
Revlon Colorstay gloss in Fire on center of lips

On Nails:
Revlon Colorstay nail polish in Velvet Rope (swatched here)
I had a pumpkin photo shoot!
Are you dressing up for Halloween? If so, what as? :)

- xx, Eviola

No comments:

Post a Comment

.dsq-comment-body { color: #ffffff !important; }