Glamour Obsession

Fashion, Beauty, Fragrance, and all things Glamorous!

Sunday, September 9, 2012

NEW! Maybelline Jewel Tone Color Tattoo Eyeshadows for Fall 2012: Swatches + Review!

In addition to the four earthy-tone Maybelline Color Tattoos that were released in the Fall 2012 "Scene on the Runway" collection are four more jewel tone Color Tattoos! I picked up three of the four:
Ready, Set, Green, Test my Teal, and Fuchsia Fever.
Left to right, top to bottom: Ready, Set, Green, Test my Teal, & Fuchsia Fever
I'm so excited that there are a total of 8 new shades of Color Tattoos out for Fall. This collection features Ready, Set, Green (a true, emerald green), Test my Teal (a deeper teal blue), Fuchsia Fever (a deep, but bright purple), and Blue on By (a bright, royal blue shade that I did not pick up).

Left to right, top to bottom: Ready, Set, Green, Test my Teal, & Fuchsia Fever; indoor lighting
In comparison to the other Color Tattoos, I found that these required more building to reach the expected color opacity. I especially had to layer on Ready, Set Green and Fuchsia Fever a few times before I got the color as opaque as I wanted. Test my Teal was similar in consistency to the permanent line and the earthy shades also released this Fall: thicker and more pigment-rich. The thinner consistency doesn't bother me too much as building up the color doesn't cause the product to flake or become bumpy. Also, I tend to use these eyeshadows as bases for powder eyeshadows, and for this purpose, the slight sheerness isn't a major problem. All these shades have a satin, slightly shimmery finish.
Left to right, top to bottom: Ready, Set, Green, Test my Teal, & Fuchsia Fever; indoor lighting
There are some other blues, greens, and purples in the permanent line and in the other Fall collection, so I thought I'd compare the similar shades I own side by side.
Edgy Emerald, Ready, Set, Green, & Mossy Green
Edgy Emerald, Ready, Set, Green, & Mossy Green; indoor lighting
For greens, we have Edgy Emerald, (permanent) a light, frosty green, Ready, Set, Green (LE,) a darker, true emerald green, and Mossy Green (LE,) the deepest green with an olive undertone. Ready, Set, Green and Mossy Green are less frosty than Edgy Emerald.
Edgy Emerald, Ready, Set, Green, & Mossy Green; indoor lighting
Between the blues, I have Tenacious Teal (permanent,) a shimmery, bright aqua and Test my Teal, a slightly darker, more muted, teal blue. Test my Teal is more of a satin finish, whereas Tenacious Teal is more frosty.
Tenacious Teal & Test my Teal

Tenacious Teal & Test my Teal; indoor lighting
Tenacious Teal & Test my Teal; indoor lighting
To check out my other reviews and swatches of the Maybelline color tattoos (permanent and limited edition,) click-through to these posts:

Thanks for stopping by! :)

- xx, Eviola

No comments:

Post a Comment

.dsq-comment-body { color: #ffffff !important; }